Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten!

Today was Tyler's first day of kindergarten and he could not have been more ready or excited. This day has been a conversation point of the summer. For the last few weeks we have heard a daily count down.."Only 7 more days till kindergarten...only 6 more days until I start kindergarten...".

Tyler picked out what he wanted to wear last night and we lined up his clothes, new backpack and nap mat on the couch for him to admire. When we got to school, Tyler did not want to hold my hand when walking in. I tried to sneak my hand over to his a few times but he would squirm away.
We all went into the school to escort him to his class and make sure he was settled. The first thing his teacher said to him was for him to find his name tag and put it on. Tyler said, "Here it is, Tyler Hodges. T-y-l-e-r H-o-d-g-e-s. That is how you spell my name. Now what do you want me to do next?" It is going to be a great year!
I took one last picture of Tyler with his teacher and then Tommy and I realized we were just taking up space. We were standing in the classroom in the way and Tyler was across the room finding things to do so we finally made our departure. We yelled "bye", and I vaguely remember Tyler saying "see ya"- without even turning around. Yep, he is ready.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: