I would say that at least we can say we have been to one, but I am not sure what we went to last night even qualifies as a circus. There were clowns, some low budget props, a few Asian gymnasts and a dog dressed up like a lion. Hmmm. I am not sure what I was expecting, but I think I was at least envisioning some animals. Carson loved every second of it, which made it bearable. And I guess for being 3 years old and having nothing to compare it to- maybe it was sort of entertaining. Tommy and I personally felt like it was two hours of our life we would never get back. At one point one of the clowns played his saxophone to Celine's "My Heart Will Go On". We thought it was a big joke, and obviously so did the guy in front of us who started booing the poor guy. Not a joke. Two hours of really, really overpriced bad "comedy". The one highlight, or so I thought, was when they staged a boxing match with a kangaroo (not counting this as an animal in the act because it was on stage and back in the cage within 45 seconds). Regardless, the kangaroo was not willing to participate and refused to box. Finally they had it throw one arm in the air and the other boxer dramatically hit the floor faking a knock out. I was really pulling for the kangaroo. For the grand finale, a woman rode out on an elephant to which the elephant sat on a metal stool and defecated all over the floor. Not part of the act, but turned out to be one of the best parts of the show.
Me, Carson, Tyler and Ellie (we went with friends) at intermission- where you could go to the floor and have your picture taken with a spider monkey, the motercyclist in the metal ball or with the Sponge Bob Square Pants mascot for a price. We just decided to take our own photo for the scrapbook.
I took a picture of the elephant's gift at the end of the show. Enlarge the photo and look at the stool- priceless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment