While we were in limbo without a camera for a few weeks- progress did not come to a halt just because I was not able to blog about it. Tommy was very busy on some landscaping projects and even built steps leading down to our hammock (he said it was not the easiest afternoon task to dig out massive trenches in the side of a mountain). The best Easter gift I received was two fertilized whiskey barrels ready to plant and the words from Tommy, "Go to Lowe's and make yourself happy." I can handle that task any day. The result: A true oasis. With Tommy's blood and sweat and my eye for detail (clever way of implying I did not have to do any manual labor)- we made one area of our yard a lot prettier.
Tommy did not stop at the hammock, he extended his vision to re-sowing our front yard (again), but this time we had the big dirt pile in the back yard brought up to the front. Crazy, but grass tends to grow better when in actual soil and not just in gravel and sandstone. With cross ties framing our drive way, we are hoping that when the grass does come in, it will remain there.
The beds at flanking the bottom of our driveway were also re-strawed and weeded. And the big project....we are finally tackling the huge bed to the left of our drive. Everything is above ground in buckets for the time being and has yet to have pine straw added- I will post the "after" picture soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment