Friday, May 20, 2011

Read All About It!

It is not like I would post it on Facebook- but since the blog is a little more personal and we are very selective of who we share the address with, I feel like it will not come across as complete bragging...but rather as sharing a proud moment with those we love....

We just got the results from Tyler's end of the year reading assessment and he made a 95% on 2nd grade reading level!!!! He has tested well into 2nd grade!!!! Not to shabby for a 5 year old who could not read at all entering kindergarten this year.

I am so proud. I feel like all of these years of reading to him every day have paid off in the best way possible, a true love for reading and a solid word base. I will try to never post anything like this again and it is quite possible Tommy might make me remove this post when he sees it. In the meantime- picture me with a big bumper sticker on my forehead reading, "I am the proud parent of a proficient reader!"

2 comments:

Beth said...

That is AMAZING!!! Besides, this is your "baby book" anyways, I think it's totally okay to brag....or "share". YAY Tyler!!! Learning to read on a 2nd grade level, and ride a bike without training wheels-awesome.

Michelle said...

Stop apologizing for being proud of your reader! Schools as a whole would be better off if more parents valued and applauded their child's reading success!! That being said, leave the post up there and go ahead and get that bumper sticker:) Way to go Tyler!!!