Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving In Oak Ridge 2011

I was a little anxious about this Thanksgiving, being the first year in my life that has not included my grandmother (or been at my grandmother's house- I did not know if the day would feel incomplete or sad. I was so relieved how wonderful and the day turned out. Different, but very special. We left North Carolina on Thursday morning, almost canceling our trip last minute because we thought Tyler was getting sick. Turns out, it was just excitement. How excited can a six year old get to see his cousins that he almost gets physically ill? Well, leave it to Tyler.



My sister was the hostess this Thanksgiving and the set up was over the top. I cannot even start to name all of the food and desserts...so I took a picture just to give a glimpse. After stuffing ourselves and then re stuffing ourselves, we spent the rest of the day just hanging out and laughing. Tyler was in heaven getting to play hours of nonstop XBox with his cousin Dawson. Ella could not have been more content getting to push around her cousin Sophia's kitty in a stroller (yes, this cat allowed Ella to stroll her around the house lap after lap). And Carson was into every toy and every room of the house exploring.




We arrived at around 10:30am and did not leave until after 9:00pm. The next day we went back to my sister's house for more dining and playing...plus I had to check on my niece Sophia who sort of got her tooth knocked out while we were wrestling. Whoops.




We drove to Nashville afterwards to visit with Tommy's parents but passed back through today on our while home to meet for lunch and yogurt. Happy Thanksgiving 2011!!!!!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: