Saturday, December 3, 2011

We Got Our Skate On!

Tyler has been begging to go roller skating for years. The last time (8 1/2) years ago I went skating I broke my wrist. The last time Tommy went roller skating with me (8 years ago), he broke his elbow. So naturally, neither one of us were chomping at the bit to take Tyler. Then we got a birthday party invite for a skating party...



Tyler at first was like a baby dear on ice, but after about an hour of holding my hand and the carpeted wall...he started to get it.




By the third hour he was making laps without falling at all.




We entered a limbo contest and during one game that started out with over 70 people (you skated to music and when the music stopped you stood under a number on the floor and one of the employees rolled a dice, if it landed on your number you were out) and ended with only me and Tyler on the floor. Tyler won! One the way up to the snack counter to claim his prize he wondered outloud if it would be a trophy. He was just as happy with a free small rasberry slushie.




As we were leaving Tyler said it was the best party he has ever been to. I had a great time also skating for hours. I left with renewed confidence and blisters!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: