Thursday, June 28, 2007

"Cast" back into society

It's off!Tommy and I took Tyler yesterday to finally get his cast off and after about 30 minutes of sawing away- Tyler was free!!!! Tyler was covered in sweat after the ordeal ( sawing around a boys privates makes one a might nervous) and he has smelled better, but none the less- we had to celebrate. We sponge bathed him in the doctors office and brought a fresh change of clothes to go home in. I told Tommy on the way out, that it was like Paris getting out of prison, with the freedom and clothes change and all. So what do you do fresh out of a 1/2 body cast? Head to Kids Kuts to get a fresh new do and then to eat at Chilies! Chicken crispers and corn on the cob tasted pretty good to Tyler after 5 weeks of eating mostly my cooking. Then to Fresh Market to peruse and eat an apple, followed by Ben and Jerry's to split a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream with Dad and home for BATH! Not just a bath, but the longest bath in history. So, while I wanted to document everything- I refrained and have included just a few pics of him standing for first time on shaky legs, worlds longest bath, and last...a pic from the zoo today. No, I apparently did not learn my lesson- we returned to the battle scene, but Tyler stayed in the stroller. The funny part was when we were entering Kids Cove, where the break happened, he started yelling "Ut Oh!" over and over. The boy has a memory. We are about to go for a swim- Tyler is probably wondering why we are taking on Knoxville with a vengeance. We are free again!!!!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Tyler needs to spend some time around his quiet cousins. Give us a week and I promise you will see results! He'll be running around in no time!
Auntie B