necessarily
call today one of Tyler's bestbehavioral days in history. The day started with Tyler waking up at 7:30 am crying, always a good start to the day. Mid morning, my friend Shannon came over to visit and say farewell (she just took a job at a college in North Carolina and is leaving this week). Apparently, the visit wasn't lending itself to paying enough attention to Tyler. As we were in the kitchen and I noticed that I had not heard a peep from Tyler in about 45 seconds I took off running. Now in my house, silence is not a great thing. In 99.9% of the time, it does not mean that Tyler is quietly working a puzzle in the corner, but rather getting into something he knows he shouldn't. As we ran into the living room followed by the echos of Tyler yelling "ut-oh", I find a huge glass of water that I had been drinking out of with our home phone floating at the top. Only when Tyler was already headed to time out did Shannon ask, "Where is my cell phone?" Well, that would be at the bottom of the glass. Two phones ruined within about 30 seconds. So now we are down to our cell phones until Tommy braves Walmart to buy a new one.
How long are you allowed to leave a 2 year old in time out before it becomes counterproductive?
5 comments:
I think Tyler was just conducting a scientific experiment of what can sink and what can float. I know he would not ruin two phones on purpose! Shame on you for thinking that!
Aunt Beck
Well, it looks like Tyler and TaylorMarie have a LOT in common! Mine was in the chicken noodle soup. Thankfully, I was able to pull up some phone "saving" tips via www and it worked. Amazing how two year olds think alike!
Time out?! Spank that kid - and you thought he didn't have any of you in him.
Post a Comment