Thursday, September 13, 2007

RIP Crib: July 2005-September 2007

I am not going to cry. I am not going to cry. Repeat five more times. Yesterday was a landmark in Tyler's life that I found myself not ready to face. He climbed/fell out of his crib during a nap that he was fighting. I heard the thump, and took off running to his room only to have him and his red spot on his forehead beat me to the living room. I guess the first landmark should be that he fell and we did not have to go to the doctor because of an injury-ha. The obvious second was that, yes- it was time for a toddler bed.

Tommy and I went back and forth over it- I wanted to simply put him in the youth bed with rails that the crib converts to, and move him to a toddler bed next summer. Tommy felt that it might be a little cruel to kick him out of the youth bed when the baby needed the crib, and that we should just minimize the moves to new beds by getting him his own one now. Tommy won. I sulked. I was not ready for Tyler to go to a "Big Boy Bed" yet (ever).

I stormed in his room with a camera this morning to capture him showing us where he slept.
As you can see- he fared wonderfully. In fact- he slept until 9:10am !!! Leaving me to ponder...maybe we should all be sleeping in toddler beds....

No comments: