Sunday, December 7, 2008

Meeting Santa...Naughty And Nice

This evening, Santa made a special house call and the boys got to meet with Jolly Ol' Saint Nic up close and personal (maybe too personal for Carson). Tyler played along, but would not stay too close without his Daddy. He told Santa what he wanted for Christmas- all of which were VERY LOUD musical instruments. Hopefully Santa will include a couple of pairs of earplugs for Momma and Daddy this year.

The funniest and probably most scarring part of the evening came when I tried to put Carson on his lap. I have never seen Carson cry and carry on like he did, well ever. I tryed to console him and walk away- thinking he would want to try again. Nine month olds don't have the same "get back on the horse spirit" as older kids. Finally, I just yelled for the photo taker to snap away and be done with it. I think the one below might be our family Christmas card backup this year.

Tyler did get a few good shots with Santa alone....

And this last one just cracked me up. Nothing like an awkward moment between my husband and the man playing Santa to get me tickled. It got too hot for Santa, so when the kids were out of sight, he quickly disrobed. It almost looks like he and Tommy are having a "man to man" discussion. That, or Tommy just found out because of his behavior this year- he would not be getting anything in his stocking.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I really love relying on your blog when I need a good laugh. :) Thanks for putting a smile on my face, usually at the expense of others! (which is my favorite way)

The Reid Family said...

WE MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I am so sorry I am so lame in checking your blog (or mine) and not commenting when I do pop on. Congratulations go to DR. HODGES and to the upcoming trip. We wish we could be there with you guys. We love you and are so proud and happy for you all. :)
The Reid's