Please forgive my lapse in blogging- it has been a hectic month, and I have been sleeping a lot. Hopefully, this awesome nature vs. nature story will get me back into good graces with my readers. This morning, at 4:42 am to be exact- Tommy and I are awoken by this horrific noise outside our window. Try to picture the noise of a natural birth at a fevered pitch combined with a really loud asthma attack.
Tommy peaked out the window of the living room (not wanting to jump outside to investigate with a noise like that penetrating through the walls) and yelled at me to look outside. A fox. A HUGE fox the size of a German Shepard was stalking our cat. When Tommy got to the window he said it was within 5 feet of Morris and the noise was actually Morris trying to scare it away. The cat would have been a goner for sure if it wasn't for Tommy's heroic peaking our the door window and scaring it off.
Here is the funny part, the part where 4:42 am thinking kicks in. Tommy came back to bed and was recounting how big the fox was and how close it was to attacking the cat. He then said that that fox must have been really determined, because even as he was walking away from the door- he noticed it was just on the wood line of the yard waiting. I said, "Did you let Morris in?" Tommy was like, "No. I'm too tired." So I get up and let the poor cat in- it is visibly shaken and relieved to be on the other side of the door. It looks up pitifully and jumps in the chair- does not even groom itself and curls into a ball and goes to sleep.
It is a little ironic to think that the cat was saved and then could have been eaten only 10 minutes later due to groggy thinking. Now see- doesn't this post make everything right in the world?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Morris! I think if it came to a battle though that the fox would have been on the losing end of the stick ;)
Morris! I am so glad he didn't receive any battle wounds. That's pretty scary about the huge fox!
Post a Comment