Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ella Is 5 Months Old Today!

Half of me wants to cry and the other half, well cry. I can see why people want to keep having babies- they just don't stay little long enough. I want to freeze time because I think she is at the perfect age, but then again, I remember thinking the same thing about Ty and Carson every month of their life. Ella is almost 1/2 a year old! We started her on rice cereal and it has been bitter sweet for me. I know she is ready, but the fact that she is ready for anything other than milk is heartbreaking and just reaffirms how fast she is growing up.

We moved Ella to a portable crib last week, since my other baby (Carson) is not ready to give up his bed (which I am 100% okay with). She is still sleeping through the night like a champ and is over the 75% in both weight and length. She tracks like a skilled hunter and I sometimes feel her hearing is superior to most. She is crazy about her brothers and smiles every time they hold her. Tyler can make her laugh as well and I can. I see alot of Tyler in her, something in the jowls and eye spacing. I am still shocked at how different her coloring is from the boys. It looks like her hair is going to be strawberry blond and eyes are getting more blue every day.
Ella is the sweetest baby- I thought Carson broke the mold on babies with how easy he was- but Ella is a close 2nd. She has a little more of a temper when you put her down if she is wanting to be held (which rarely happens, she is a bit spoiled), but overall is one laid back cat.
Ella's favorite thing in the world is to go on a walk in the Bjorn carrier- she loves looking around. I introduced her to the Johnny Jump-Up this morning, and as you can see she loves it as well. Sweet sweet girl! We love our Ella.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mindy said...

so sweet! I know----its hard to know its the last of the babyness for me!!!!

Michelle said...

What a beauty!!! I love the johnny jump up grin:)