Last night was Tyler's first (and last) soccer practice. Let me explain... Tommy and I told Tyler he could play soccer this year (which he has been pestering us about for a really long time). Little did we know that he missed the age cut off by 4 months. So instead of telling him he was too young to play, a friend of ours was coaching an older team and invited Tyler to join them for practices. We thought it was a great plan- Tyler would think he was on a team and get to play a couple times a week. Notice "Assistant Coach Tommy" with his hands in his pockets- ha!
I was even more excited to see Tyler up next to the kids that were 3 years older- he was actually not that much smaller than some of them. I took pictures and was loving seeing him run and finally get to do some drills. Until he got tired. Then the age difference started to show. You see, when a seven year old gets really exhausted- they just stop running or take it easy. A 4 1/2 year old does cannot cope quite as easily. Tyler fell apart a few times- especially when he forgot not to pick up the ball with his hands and got his hand kicked a little.
Overall he had a great time (especially when Carson ran onto the field to say hello), but on the way home told us that maybe he should play soccer when he turns 5. Nice, I wonder if I can return cleats and shin guards used only once?
Tommy having to talk Tyler into getting back out on the field after he said he was too tired to run any more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment