Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

We kicked off Easter weekend in Nashville by dying eggs. This was a first for Tyler and he loved it! He was obsessed with wanting to touch them to check to see if they were dry every thirty seconds.
We woke up on Saturday morning and headed down the street to the annual Pleasant View Easter Egg hunt hosted by the local fire department. The finder of the golden egg for each age category took home a new bike. Needless to say, I was pretty fired up about the possibility of Tyler coming away with the grand prize. My mood dampened a little when after braving freezing cold and wet weather we discovered the field was littered with hundreds of pieces of candy. Now don't get me wrong, I think Tyler has the capability of finding a golden egg as much as the next kid- but his focus and will power is still that of a 3 year old. So we left with candy and some kid looking like he was 7 years old and held back in school two years left with our new bike (the age group was 3-5 years of age, but I am not bitter). Below is Tyler posing with the the fire house Easter bunny. I could not resist- I am a sucker for tacky mascots.
The bike letdown was not such a let down after all. Tyler was pretty distracted the rest of the weekend with decorating Easter cupcakes with Grandma and finally getting to have a real egg hunt this morning. A beautiful basket was waiting for him at the end of the search... thank you Marsha!
This morning when I told Tyler "Happy Easter", he said "Again?!" I guess he has had his fill of official Easter activities...until next year!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Michael was worried about the Easter Bunny's garb, was he Irish?