Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tommy's Weekend Away

I know. I know. Sometimes I feel haunted by the date posted at the top of the blog. As many bloggers feel, it is almost like you are too busy living life to take a time out and blog about the life you are living. I guess that is a good problem to have. I am going to try to do better this month- promise.

To catch you up on a few things, first- I am 16 weeks along now! I went in to see my family over the weekend while Tommy was living it up in Nashville at the Dave Mathews concert and I got the impression that everyone thought I was really big...for 16 weeks. Why no photos to follow this statement? Soon. I will post some soon and everyone can gasp over how my body looks 6 months pregnant. Now an update on Tommy's weekend away...

So Tommy went to see DMB concert yesterday. He had entered for a drawing online through the DMB fan site after ordering tickets (yes, you read correctly- my 30 year old husband belongs to their fan club). Anyway, he won backstage passes to hang out in the VIP lounge before the concert, incredible seats, and a chance to meet Dave himself. Tommy has been counting down this concert for months now and announced the other day that besides our wedding, the birth of our boys, and the announcement of our girl on the way- that this was the most exciting thing ever to happen to him. He went to Nashville early Saturday to visit his parents, then he and a friend headed downtown. He called me from the VIP lounge to let me know he was drinking beer and eating some of best appetizers he had ever tasted (beef brisket, all kinds of dips, fancy glass bottled water (his words) ). The only letdown was meeting Dave. I guess they worded the backstage ticket carefully with the words "chance to meet Dave"- because Dave was a no show. Tommy was not too disappointed when after stuffing himself on fine meats and alcohol he got to stand about 20 feet from the stage and watch DMB play for 4 hours with no break! He and his buddy Matt stayed overnight at the Hyatt downtown, ate omelets and then eventually headed home. Tommy rolled in about 40 minutes ago and for someone who "never takes naps", he is doing an incredible job of acting while splayed out on our bed.

The best part of this trip for me personally was his phone call on the way home. It went something like this:

Tommy: I had a great time, but this will be my last concert.

Me: Yeah, why?

Tommy: I forgot the scene. I am too old. I am too tired today. I got in bed to late. I just want to come home.

Me: (While grinning ear to ear) Well, it is up to you.

*Unfortunately, they made him check his camera at the door of the VIP lounge, so no pictures this time.

No comments: