Tommy and I just got in from North Carolina- with Carson in tow. Tyler has spent the weekend at G-Ma's going to Dollywood with her and his Aunt Becky and cousins...lucky dog. While he rode his happy self through the foothills on Dolly's train eating kettle corn, Tommy and I spent the weekend unpacking boxes, lining shelves and staining our porch. We went to bed sore and woke up sore- that is how you know you really worked during the day.
Just when we were at the pinnacle of exhaustion and starvation last night, we saw new neighbors that we had only met the night before stroll up our driveway with hands full. Turns out, our new neighbors run The Jarret House- a historic beautiful B&B in downtown Dillsboro. Also turns out The Jarret House is famous for their food! Yes- we were brought homemade fried chicken, biscuits, ham, slaw, chicken and dumplings and green beans. My eyes teared up when when I opened each container overflowing with hot, yummy, unexpected goodness. I had to hold back from throwing my arms around their necks and kissing them all over their faces (I did not want to freak them out and make them so uncomfortable as to never want to bring us food again).
Then, just as we were pulling out about to head back to Tennessee today...more neighbors appeared with warm sugar cookies. Lord, thank you for putting my family in a neighborhood where we are surrounded by such generous and welcoming people. Also Lord, thank you for helping those neighbors to be such good cooks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ok, now I'm starving! What wonderful neighbors - there is no better present than food!
Post a Comment