Monday, May 4, 2009

Sick Days

This has been a long week and it is just Monday. Last Thursday Tyler started running a fever and would have it for 24 hours and then it would break... only to start again. We called the doctor over the weekend and were told if it came back today, then bring him in. Well, mid morning the fever was back. Tommy took Tyler in for blood work and a strep test this afternoon and was told it was just a fluke virus that was taking a longer time to get over. Beside the mild fever- is was diagnosed as being healthy as a horse.. not to mention according to the pysicain "a really BIG kid for his age". Tonight he has been jumping around and has been fever free for the majority of the day. Since he missed school Friday and today, combined with all this rain- we have been indoor cats for a while. I told Tommy tonight that I have not stepped outside in two days and I am getting a fever too- cabin fever. Tomorrow I will go on a long walk and maybe even shopping with Carson if Tyler returns to school. I posted a few pictures of how Tyler has been occupying his time. Besides camping out on the couch and watching the rain, also include playing Candy Land, building forts, baking snicker doodle cookies and apple cake, playing Shoots and Ladders and last but not least- working the US States puzzle about 50 times. I apologize for this lame post, again I have not seen sunlight for two days. By the way, the hideous blue care bear sitting on the couch back is the one I won in the claw machine at Mr. Gatti's last week for Tyler!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beth said...

Poor Tyler, Abram had the same thing the weekend before Reese was born. He was so pitiful, for 3 days and then it went away. I am glad he is feeling better!