Friday, October 22, 2010

Meet Josh

For a couple of weeks now, Carson has adopted a new persona "Josh". We thought this was just a phase that was going to last a day or so...now we are going on about three weeks. And no, there is no one named Josh in his class or that he watches on tv. This is out of left field. We know when Carson is in "Josh" character due to several clues, but the main give away is his voice. It gets way deeper. Josh is also kind of more of a know it all. Example, this morning it was cold but beautiful outside, I asked Carson if he thought it was going to warm up to which he replied, "I don't know." About 30 seconds later, I asked Josh to which he confidently said in his deep little voice, "Yes, it is going to be very warm today."

Another trait of Josh is that he seems to be very willing to help around the house. I have noticed whenever deep in pretend play, Carson wants to really work around the house.

And lately, whether this has to do anything with the "Josh" thing or not- he has been really hands on with Ella. Pushing her around the house in her highchair, feeding her bites of his waffle, and anything else she will tolerate. No shock to anyone, so far, she is willing to let him dote on her all day long. Her expectations in life may not turn out to be that realistic of other males.
Regardless, Tommy and I have asked around and spoken with teachers and Carson's level of pretend play seems to be pretty normal (if not a little advanced for his age). Had to get that in...

No comments: