As many of you may know, Tommy has been working tirelessly on creating a lovely room for Miss Ella. Poor thing had to live in the dining room for almost 6 months of her life as we waited on C-Horse to join Tyler in the big boy room. Then, the room looked more like a guest room with a crib stuck awkwardly in it than a little girl's room. No mistaking this space now. All girl. All pink. All the time. My mom is in the process of making a valance- you guessed it...THREE SHADES OF PINK PLAID, and I still have to hang stuff on her walls, but you can still get the feel of the room.
Now myself, I would have never wanted a pink room- much less two tones stripped with a gloss finish. I think I was still climbing trees into my early teens. However, following two boys (all boys at that)- I wanted one corner of femininity in this house of testosterone. I might even find myself sneaking off into this room for peace and quiet.
And yes, the room is as pink as it looks in the photos. Imagine the inside of a circus tent... then add a little bit of sheen...AND VIOLA!
After Tommy had spent so many hours measuring, marking, taping- I dared ask, "What are we going to do if Ella hates pink and wants it repainted?" To which Tommy calmly replied (with pupils dilated) "I will paint it any color she wants, in 10 years." Ella baby, I hope you like pink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment