So about 2 weeks ago Tyler casually said, "You know I can ride a bike with no training wheels now, right?" No, we did not know. Tommy and I were aware that his school had been awarded a special grant for the kindergarten class to learn to ride a bike in P.E., but since sending his bike helmet with him to school a few months ago, we had not heard a peep about it. So you can imagine how surprised we were when we followed him outside in 20 degree weather to clear out the carport for him to show us his new skills. Since our carport is not that big, we only saw him pedal a few times before being forced to stop. I guess that is why we were dumbfounded tonight when we bundled everyone up to head to the tennis courts to really see what he was capable of.
He looked like he had been riding for years. No help. No pushing him to get him going. No running after him when he needed to stop. He rode like a pro. He was circling the court and turning in tight corners and even avoiding Ella's stroller in the middle. Carson rode after him in envy, loving every second of it.
And even thought it was freezing and the sun was going down, Ella sat pretty in her stroller cheering him on and watching him circle her like a shark.
As Tyler was riding and Tommy and I were standing shivering at the serving line- Tommy said, "I don't know that I can think of a time when I have ever been so proud of him." And he meant it. What an awesome Christmas present to us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment