Thursday, January 10, 2008

And The Secret Ingredient Of The Day Is....

With storms in the forecast all day- Tyler, Tommy and I set out for a little family time in the kitchen after he got home from work. I have had my eye on a Paula Dean Apple Cake recipe for a while and today screamed to be the day to make it. After Tyler woke up, Tommy took him in the kitchen to admire what we had all made since Tyler had to take a nap before it was glazed with caramel pecan icing.

Tommy: "Look at the cookie we made (everything sweet is a cookie)."
Tyler: "Poop."
Tommy: "Who pooped?"
Tyler: "The cookie."

Moral of the day: What looks like a culinary delight to some of brown sugar and pecans is another man's poop.

Not one snide comment on how the cake is already half eaten...not one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I'm sure you took half the cake to your sweet little elderly neighbor, Mr. Johnson. How silly to think you three ate it all by yourselves.
Becky