Monday, September 1, 2008

What Time Is It?

Tyler has a new obsession. Time. For the last several weeks, he has been fixed on his shadow. "Where is my shadow?" "What is my shadow doing now?" "I cannot find my shadow". Well, Peter Pan is over his shadow and it's happenings for the moment and is now driving us crazy asking about the time. "What time is is?" " What time is it now?" (45 seconds after the last time he asked), "What is the big hand pointing to? What about the little hand?" Finally after he has exhausted all of the questions you think are possible to ask about the time, he moves on to telling you what it is time for. "It is 8 o'clock, time for bed." "It is now 12 o'clock, time for nap." And so on. Today as my mom, Carson, and I were driving back from lunch and after answering 400 times in a row what time it was, I finally said- "Tyler, do you have a hot date?" To which he replied, "Nah!"

I have decided to go to WalMart tonight and get the boy a watch. Hopefully, I will then only have to contend with the question of, "Where did I put my watch?"

1 comment:

Sharon said...

We still have Caleb's clock halloween costume if you need it...