Tommy just walked into my office with cardboard boxes and tape and asked, "Which area do you want to be responsible for?" To which I replied..."I will take on the task of checking my friends blogs, looking at fox news and maybe browsing facebook. Boxes. Packing tape. Task charts. Blaaa. These key words that are swirling around in my head leave me already feeling overwhelmed with the task of moving. In fact, as I sit here typing to share my thoughts with friends and family(not typing with the notion at all of procrastinating from helping pack)- I can hear Tommy loading up his office. We close on our house this Friday. Tommy has rented some massive U-Haul trailer to take up on closing with the idea of packing up breakables, out of season clothes, and basically everything we can cram into it that we can unload prior to the "official" move. I am not sure of our game plan- but I think we are going to unload as much as possible and then see how much is left in storage to reassess if we need professional movers. This should be interesting.
We are about to embark on our fifth move in five years. We are tired of moving. I hate the packing and the decluttering and trying to figure out which room needs to be ready first. I am sure having a baby on the way is not helping my state of mind in prioritizing which needs to come first...getting furniture ordered so the boys have something to sleep on or finding a good dentist in case we chip a tooth one day after the move?
I am sure a sane person does not get this bent out of sort over something they have known about for months and is inevitable. My mom always told me growing up to make a list when overwhelmed. I think I am going to do that right now. Number one one the list is going to read "Go eat lunch at Silver Spoon Cafe at 11:45", but I am sure dentist will make the top five.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel your "moving pain". I hope everything goes well. WIsh I was there to help you eat.....er.. I mean pack.
oh Jen, if anyone knows the efforts of packing , tis a Melroy.
Kiddies make moves complicated, but since I am a few years ( and moves) ahead of you, be glad you are taking your babies with you to the next house, instead of seeing them move away from you. Andy is in NC now - will tell him to give his cousin a heads up if he arrives to eat dinner with you, or vice versa! good luck!!!
Ooh...hang in there Jen. Moving is no fun. I can only imagine while being pregnant and two active kids.
BUT, now that you have an amazing house to look forward to I am sure there is some serious motivation!!
-Cindy
Post a Comment