Ok, the title of the blog might be a little much- but we are spending a lot of time beautifying the outside of our home. Being surrounded my mountains and woods has made us realize that we needed to make the space more inviting for wildlife (I will be eating my words at the first sign of a skunk or opossum on the porch- we are more into "controlled" wildlife). After a few trips to Lowes, we stocked up on a few necessities like a bird house, squirrel log and feeders. And no porch would be complete without hanging baskets to attract hummingbirds (which we have already been visited by several since having them up).
Tommy hanging the bracket for the bird feeder while his helper holds the ladder. After I looked at this picture, I asked Tyler what he was looking at on the ground to which he replied "I was watching a nest of bees". That will be a project to take care of another day.
Our new cedar bird box perfectly placed high in the tree so that we can enjoy watching from the porch. Tommy let me know that this was not exactly the easiest spot to reach from his ladder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment