Sunday, August 16, 2009

One Long Week

This has quite possibly felt like the longest week in history. So much has happened, mostly good- some sad. On Tuesday, my mom, grandmother, sister and my niece and nephew came to visit for the day. The kids had the best time playing together and Tommy and my sister took them all (minus Carson) rafting down the river. After lunch, Carson napped and Tommy kept the kids while my mom, sister, grandmother and I hit the town seeing shops, a small farmers market and a general tour of the city. The kids were exhausted and just wanted to relax on our bed and watch some TV. After dining on some of the best local pizza, we were sad to see them leave.

We found out the next day that my grandmother's brother had passed away. My Uncle Nathan can be seen in last week's blog holding Carson- he was just in town for a visit last week. So on Thursday my entire family headed to Alabama for the funeral while I came to Knoxville on Friday to have Tyler's cast removed and for a checkup at my OBGYN. I can honestly say that I have renewed confidence in my traveling/juggling ability with the kids. Since Tommy was detained in a mandatory orientation for work, I took Tyler and Carson by self and flew solo the entire day. Itinerary: drove to TN Friday morning around 9:00am, arrived at Ty's appointment and had the cast removed (he was so proud that he was able to go into x-ray by himself). Then went to Chick-Filet for lunch and 30 minutes of running around in 90 degree heat on the playground. Headed strait to my doctor's appointment at 1:30pm. One hell of an experience with a four year old and 17 month old in the exam room with you in stir -ups. Tyler was naturally full of questions.
The highlight was when he went into the bathroom with me while I gave a urine sample. As I was holding the little wipe packet and cup- he wanted to know if I was putting sugar in my drink. Yes, it was a long appointment. After my 2 hour in a tiny exam room, we hit the road again to travel home, arriving at approximately 5:30pm- Tommy arrived home after 7:00pm. I still like I am still recovering, but I did it!
The above picture is Tyler after getting the cast removed- he could not stop making muscles with both able arms. And I had to take a picture of what the small exam room looked like as I lay helplessly on the table. They both did extremely well considering.

And finally...me this morning at 32 weeks! Tyler starts preschool tomorrow morning, so the rest of today is going to be spent labeling and getting organized- stay tuned for lots of pictures.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Beth said...

I miss you. And you look great-you are all belly!!!

The Reid Family said...

I am so sorry about your grandmother's brother, your OB visit with the boys in tow, and having to endure the heat all by yourself. On a good note, you look KILLER at 32 weeks. It must be the bagel and cream cheese will power. I do not posses such a thing. :)