So this is how it all started. Tyler was making Ella laugh while I was taking pictures on the foot stool. Carson saw the fun being had and wanted to be part of the action. He climbed up on the arm of the chair also trying to make Ella laugh. He kept standing to try and get a better angle and I kept sitting him back down. He then sat on the arm of the chair and in about 2 seconds flat flipped over backwards. The fall only being a couple of feet helped, but landing on hardwoods face first did not. When I picked him up he was covered in blood and when I went to find the source by pulling back his lip- only one side opened. The other half remained. He literally split his lip. It was at an angle and was deep enough to need stitches. I headed to the ER with him while Tommy stayed at home with Ty and Carson (Tommy was sick with a stomach virus to also add to the action of the evening).
After a relatively fast visit to the ER (only 1 hour and 45 minutes)- a doctor examined him and said it would probably heal without stitches since it had already closed and was starting to scab over- especially since he was about to go to bed and not eat or talk. So we came home and called it a night.

So Tommy is feeling better and at work, and King Carson is on the couch this morning getting whatever he wants. And this morning it is warm milk, cinnamon toast, his Christmas hat (which now reads "Arson" after we lost the "C"...hope that is not foreshadowing), with a little Micky Mouse Playhouse on the side.
No comments:
Post a Comment