Saturday, December 5, 2009

Countdown To Christmas




We kicked off the weekend with going to pick out a Christmas tree. We have had our artificial tree up, lit and decorated for close to two weeks. However, but Tommy got a phone call from our friend and real estate agent reminding us that we had a tree waiting on us at her tree farm. Tommy was only too eager to donate ours to Tyler and Carson's preschool. We loaded up and scoured through hundreds to trees to find the perfect one. Ok, I actually sat inside our friend's warm house feeding Ella while the boys scoured- but I did go outside when it was narrowed down to two. One was beautiful and of modest size while the other towered almost 9 feet tall and 6 feet wide. Tommy allowed me to have the final say- encouraging me to think small he was in charge to loading it onto the hood and getting in inside. After careful consideration I made my decision and I watched as he wrestled the 9 foot beast on to of the car. I never have been accused of being practice. Just to give you a point of reference, while Tommy is standing downhill- he is 6 ft. 1 inches tall.




After unloading the mammoth tree, we met some friends and their kids in downtown Dillsboro for the "Luminary of Lights". This is an annual event where starting at dusk the streets and sidewalks are lined with hundreds of paper bad with tea candles. All the shops are decorated and hand out samples of cider, hot chocolate and cookies. Christmas carolers are out, there is a lot of live music and pictures with Santa. It was just a really incredible night.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shannon said...

BEAUTIFUL tree! We did ours too, check out our blog later tonight and it should be posted. Miss you all.

Sarah Smith said...

I love the picture of the five of you picking out the tree - you all look great! And, of course, the sheep story is priceless - the costumes looked great, though!