Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tommy's 32nd Birthday Bash

When I asked Tommy what he wanted to do for his birthday, his response was "I would really like either a blueberry pancake or french toast hot breakfast with real bacon." The real bacon was a special treat since we usually buy only turkey bacon. Then he added, "And I would like to go for a long run." A day later he added that it might be fun to have a few friends over and get a campfire going. See where this is going? A hot breakfast and workout just blew up into a morning feast and birthday party the evening. Fine by me- we like to celebrate birthday's and any reason to have friends over the better.

I honored his request and after we all gorged on fried egg bread and maple bacon, Tommy took off for his longest run to date. He was gone for a really long time...but it was okay, being his birthday and all.
That evening we had a few friends over dined on pizza, bread sticks, an amazing pear salad that our friend Katie made and topped it off with his other non-spoken request: mint chocolate chip ice cream cake from Jack The Dipper (local ice cream shop that is fantastic).
After dinner, singing (Tommy pretending to be uninterested in all the attention), we headed outside when we enjoyed a roaring fire. The kids all had glow sticks- fun to play with and easy for us to see where they were, and us adults just hung out talking and laughing.
Tommy said he has a great birthday and I believe him because I had a great day too. Happy birthday Tommy!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Aww, looks like a great birthday celebration!