Tommy and I are not above bribery. About 6 month ago, we promised Tyler a fish if he was able to produce #2 in the potty without having to be prompted. This morning, he went to up Tommy and said he had to go, and well, he went. After much screaming, dancing, high fives, and phone calls to grandparents- we headed to Pet Smart. For those of you also so desperate for results that you too would think of bribing, I might suggest a cheaper reward. I am not sure what we were thinking, but for some reason both of us had in mind a $3 friend...not $35! Turns out, even going the cheapest (yet still humane) route- by the time you get just your fish, basic plastic bowl and some gravel, food, and water treatment solution- you could have eaten a really good seafood restaurant. Funny how that works. Regardless, welcome to the family "Nemo Fish Hodges".
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Something Fishy
Tommy and I are not above bribery. About 6 month ago, we promised Tyler a fish if he was able to produce #2 in the potty without having to be prompted. This morning, he went to up Tommy and said he had to go, and well, he went. After much screaming, dancing, high fives, and phone calls to grandparents- we headed to Pet Smart. For those of you also so desperate for results that you too would think of bribing, I might suggest a cheaper reward. I am not sure what we were thinking, but for some reason both of us had in mind a $3 friend...not $35! Turns out, even going the cheapest (yet still humane) route- by the time you get just your fish, basic plastic bowl and some gravel, food, and water treatment solution- you could have eaten a really good seafood restaurant. Funny how that works. Regardless, welcome to the family "Nemo Fish Hodges".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment