Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thomas Berry Farm

Today was a great day. My Aunt Linda, Uncle Bob and their kids Daniel and Samantha came for a visit. The day got kicked off at about 10am with a tour of our home (which lasted until approximately 10:02am). Then they all went down to the Dillsboro Rafting Company to hit the river. I stayed home with Carson- first requirement is kids have to be 4 yrs old or 40 lbs, I also could not imagine the looks of a pregnant woman in her third trimester fighting the rapids downstream. After rafting for almost 6 miles- the weary crew came back for lunch and downtime. After a short nap, we all loaded up to go to Thomas Berry Farm in Cullowhee NC. Mr. Thomas had planted over 900 blueberry bushes! We fought heat and gnats, but won a total of just over 11 lbs of blueberry's. What an incredible day- and about to be incredible night...the kids are getting a bath as I blog and my blueberry cobbler will be ready in about 15 minutes!

Tyler, Samantha and Daniel starting the pick.
I took this picture at the top of the hill overlooking some of the berry farm- keep in mind there were several rows behind and to the sides of me.
Tommy trying to fill his bucket with a 30 pound taste tester riding behind.

Daniel and Tyler inspecting the berries.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Looks like you all had a better time than I did when I went to the one here in Knoxville. And were way more sucessful!